NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) – 10 Standards of Excellence:
Welcome Amigos International School is a licensed and nationally accredited preschool that follows the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards to offer a quality program for children. These 10 standards of excellence measure the quality of early childhood programs.
The NAEYC is the world’s largest organization working on behalf of young children, and we are proud to be identified by the NAEYC as a quality institution that meets and exceeds the standards set forth by the organization. The organization is dedicated to improving the well being of all young children, with particular focus on the quality of educational and developmental services for all children, from birth through age 8.
The NAEYC has created 10 standards that measure the quality of early childhood programs, which include over 400 different criterions that must be met. The standards were created by a blue-ribbon panel of early childhood experts and are based on the latest early childhood research.
Welcome Amigos International School meets the ten NAEYC standards of excellence for early childhood programs:
- RELATIONSHIPS: Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth.
- CURRICULUM: Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social.
- TEACHING: Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate effective teaching approaches.
- ASSESSMENT OF CHILD PROGRESS: Provide ongoing assessments of a child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family.
- HEALTH: Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from injury and illness.
- TEACHERS: Employ a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development, and to support families’ diverse needs and interests.
- FAMILIES: Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family.
- COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS: Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support the achievement of program goals.
- PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: Implement strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so that all children, families, and staff have high-quality experiences.
For more detailed information on these Standards, visit the 10 NAEYC Program Standards page at: http://families.naeyc.org/accredited-article/10-naeyc-program-standards